The Importance of Link Building
We help our clients’ link building efforts allowing them to Rank for specific keywords by providing relevant one-way links pointing to their website using the correct Anchor texts. Keep in mind, you only need to do 1% better than the site that is already above you to rank higher, but we aim to do a lot better.
Exchanging reciprocal links with other “like” websites (sites that are in the same niche and category as yours) is good. If you exchange links with sites that have nothing to do with your industry then most major search engines discount or provide no weight to those links coming back to your website.
Overall, exchanging reciprocal links could be a good start to create a dialogue with other webmasters and websites to exchange traffic. Nevertheless be extra careful when you place outgoing links. Getting links from link farms will not help your rankings but it will certainly not hurt you, since as a webmaster, you can’t control the links that are placed on other sites. On the other hand you have full responsibility for the links that are created on your website, that’s why placing links from your site to “bad neighborhoods” can lead to being penalized by search engines and even placed into the supplemental index until the things that put you there are corrected.
There’s no magic in Search Engine optimization and link building, but most businesses don’t have the time to do everything we do. In fact, most “SEO” providers are unable to provide the full extent of services we offer and often they outsource SEO services to us.
We provide a natural and complete link building program tailored especially for our client’s business needs. Our Competitive Advantage is quite extensive. We do this in a variety of ways. Here is only a sub-set of how it’s done:
- We own an exclusive and proprietary portfolio of aged domain names that we may utilize to help provide our clients with one-way in-bound links. We’ve been building our portfolio of dot com domains for the past 15 years, so we’re not the new kids on the block when it comes to this. Our portfolio alone drives over 450,000 unique monthly visitors and 94% of that traffic comes from the United States.
- We will create (or use your own) video content. If you have a commercial on TV and need it converted, we will do this and submit it on our Video distribution network. This network contains the top 25 most popular video sites across the Internet. Each distribution contains your keywords and information about your products or services.
- We write articles every month and distribute those articles which contain references back to your website to over 200+ of the most popular article distribution websites. Many of the sites we distribute to are exclusive.
- We will periodically write press-releases about your business and distribute those press release to over 75 news and PR websites, including an email blast to local media and local websites.
- We provide true local hosting in the region that you’re business is located. For example, if your business is located in the Kansas City area, we have servers and infrastructure located there that will route your website traffic through our servers to give you a true “local” advantage.
Link Building benefits Link Popularity
Link building and Link popularity is one of the most important elements that search engines factor into their ranking algorithms. You may have a perfectly optimized website; however, if your site does not have competitive link popularity regarding your targeted keywords for optimization, then, your site is not likely to compete for top rankings of these phrases.
Elements search engine algorithms consider important when evaluating the strength of a link:
- Page rank of the page where your link appears.
- The actual text that is linked. For example, it is optimum to use your main keyword as the text that is linked instead of your company name.
- The link popularity of the site that is linking to your site. Link popularity is “inherited”; links that come from sites that are authoritative in the SEPV are more powerful.
- Industry relevancy of the sites promoting your products and services plays a big role in determining the quality of such link.
Internal Link Building Structure and Website Architecture
Your navigational hierarchy plays a key role in passing link gain, deep into your website. Pages too far down your website tree won’t get enough attention to warrant high rankings.
It is important to optimize your website linking structure by creating a rich web of interlinking within your website. Whenever it is appropriate, we will include links to related products, related articles, related searches, etc. In doing so, we ensure the anchor text is optimal and visible enough to both the user and the search engines.
Clean website navigation structure helps enhance the user experience on the site, increase click through rate by providing shortcuts in form of mini sub navigation areas, improve internal linking between all relevant pages which helps build and promote pages similar in theme and topic.